Benefits of Belonging
Belonging to our Association is an investment in your career and your future. When you belong, you get support for your interests as an educator. You join with more than three million fellow members to promote quality public education. And you help all of us make gains for educators and for students by organizing for positive change in public education.
When you belong, you get superb benefits for your dues investment. Your benefits include representation at the local, state, and national levels, direct services for you and your family, and CEA-NEA support for your Local Association.
Supporting Public Education - Belonging to our Association gives you a strong, unified voice with education policy makers. You can count on our leadership to help you achieve your goals for public education and educators.
- Strategies to attract and keep quality licensed teachers in every classroom and quality, skilled employees in every public education job
- Full time lobbyists representing you and speaking up for your interests in the Legislature and Congress
- Grassroots campaigns to elect Friends of Public Education to school boards, the Legislature, the State Board of Education, Congress, and the White House
- Campaigns to build the public’s support for education and educators, and to advance our education agenda
- Local Association activities to engage parents and community leaders in working with us to protect and improve public education
Supporting You in Your Workplace - Belonging to our Association gives you peace of mind through quality representation. You can count on us to support you where it matters most: in your job and your workplace.
- An equal voice in determining your salary, benefits, and working conditions through local negotiations with your employer
- Legal assistance from Association leaders and UniServ staff for employment related problems
- Representation by experienced CEA attorneys who specialize in education and labor law
- Personal protection with NEA’s $1 million professional liability insurance
- Access to workshops and seminars to help you improve your professional practice
- Opportunities to volunteer, learn more, get involved, and organize to effect positive change in public education for yourself and your students
Supporting Your Profession - Belonging to our Association gives you information you can use in your job. You can count on us to help you get the professional growth opportunities and resources you need to succeed.
- Education news from your Local Association, CEA, and NEA
- The NEA Professional Library, NEA Foundation, and NEA Health Information Network resources and grants, along with many online opportunities to learn and grow
- NEA Member Benefitswith a variety of affordable insurance, annuity, financial, and investment programs that help you save money and save on your dues investment
- The Attorney Referral Program to help you save money if you need legal services for a personal problem
- The honor of belonging to the oldest, largest, and fastest growing member-owned association in the world