Jobs with the Colorado Education Association
UniServ Director - Central Adams UniServ Unit
Central Adams UniServ Unit
Announcement of Vacancy UniServ Director
The Central Adams UniServ Unit is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of UniServ Director.
Date of Posting: February 15, 2024
Closing Date: March 1, 2024
UniServ Unit Description:
The UniServ Unit office is in Westminster, Colorado, a suburban area just north of Denver. This local option UniServ Unit encompasses four pre-K through 12 teacher local Associations, all with Master Agreements, and one chapter of retired educators with a total Association membership of 3241 active members and a potential of about 4200 active members. The four locals include District 12 Educators’ Association, Brighton Education
Association, Mapleton Education Association, and SD14 Classroom Teachers’ Association. The office staff includes two UniServ Directors (including this position), an office manager, three full-time release presidents, one part-time release president, and one full-time release coordinator.
Skills and Qualifications:
● Bachelor’s Degree required
● Public educator with minimum of five years of experience preferred
● Union member experience and knowledge
● Governance, leadership, and political organizing experience
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills
● Proficiency and ability to learn appropriate computer technology skills
● Dependable, self-starter with the ability to initiate actions and activities
● Ability to build relationships with stakeholders in the association, school district, and community
● Exhibit strong personal and professional characteristics such as flexibility, assertiveness, time-management skills, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships, and a sense of humor
● Effective problem solver and team player
● Demonstrated ability in leader development and coaching skills
● Experience with contract negotiations (both traditional and interest-based) and contract maintenance
● Experience with mediation, fact finding and arbitration
● Skilled in organizational planning, implementation, and evaluation
● Experience analyzing school district and local budgets
● Ability to build strong community and political coalitions
● Experience in organizing political campaigns and activities
● Ability to work well with diverse populations, styles, and personalities
● Experience working with medium to large locals
● Effective liaison with the state and national organization
● Ability to consult, advise, and assist members with employee rights and legal assistance
● Ability to work flexible hours including nights and weekends
● Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
The primary responsibilities for this position are to work effectively with local Association leaders in key program areas: organizing, membership recruitment/retention, community/political organizing, member advocacy, contract negotiations/maintenance, and leadership development/training. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for maintaining an effective working relationship with local legislators, community leaders, and State Association staff/leaders. This includes but is not limited to acting as the corporation manager and chief administrative officer of the Unit.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range of $91,000 – $137,646 based upon prior experience and qualifications. Benefits include health and retirement packages, life and disability coverage, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. Expenses and an automobile allowance are negotiated as part of the collective bargaining agreement.
Applications will be accepted through March 1, 2024. Interviews will take place in April, with employment to begin on July 29, 2024. Please send a cover letter, resume, and professional references from a colleague, supervisor, and union leader to:
Central Adams UniServ
1235 W 124th Ave Suite 101
Westminster, CO 80234
The Central Adams UniServ Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We actively encourage people of color, women, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, or
gender non-conforming, people living with disabilities, veterans, and bilingual people to apply.
Jobs with the National Education Association
The National Education Association and other affiliates across the country are frequently looking to hire for a variety of positions.